Job Schedule: Daytime & evening hours
Site: 1755 Courtwood Crescent, Ottawa, ON K2C 3J2
Crossroads Children’s Mental Health Centre (CCMHC) provides a wide range of mental health services for children under the age of 12 and their families. We specialize in social, behavioral, emotional and mental health concerns such as aggression, impulsivity, social skills, anxiety, sadness, depression, fear, and suicidal thoughts. CCMHC is committed to ensuring that all programs produce effective and positive outcomes for clients through evaluation, research and the incorporation of evidence-based services and practices.
CCMHC is committed to inclusive and equitable services that provide culturally strengthening interventions to promote positive mental health and wellbeing, through direct service delivery and/or referrals to partner organizations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide treatment and support to children with major behavioural and emotional difficulties and their families as indicated by the individual treatment plan.
- Is responsible for ensuring that treatment and services delivered meet all legislative, agency, accreditation, professional, and best practices standards.
- Provide specialized interventions such as Collaborative Problem Solving, parent skills training, crisis intervention, etc. as required.
- Investigates and develops linkages; liaises and advocates for children and families in the community with schools, other organizations, and professionals.
- Provides case follow-up, emergency assessments or crisis intervention as needed.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience working directly with children, parents, and their family.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide crisis planning and response.
- Ability to maintain successful partnerships with other service providers.
- Ability to adapt to changing workload and uncertainties.
- A Child & Youth Worker diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ experience (preferred)
- Awareness, knowledge, and ability to deliver culturally safe services;
- Experience with group settings
- $52,149 to $62,119 per year
- Benefits for temporary contract employees include a very generous leave plan and organizational trainings.
- Working flexible hours (37.5 hrs/week).
- Working some evening hours is a requirement.
- Must be comfortable working in both in-person and virtual environments.
- Driving to client’s homes is a requirement in home-based program positions.
Crossroads Children’s Mental Health Centre (CCMHC) values diversity in our workforce. We invite applications from all qualified persons, including persons with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ2S+ and BIPOC communities. Please let Sandie Cybulski, firstname.lastname@example.org, know if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process. Any information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
All applicants are advised that offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a police records check for the vulnerable sector.
Thank you in advance for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.