Job Schedule: Daytime and evening hours 2 nights per week
Site: 1755 Courtwood Crescent, Ottawa, ON K2C 3J2
Crossroads Children’s Mental Health Centre (CCMHC) provides a wide range of mental health services for children under the age of 12 and their families. We specialize in social, behavioral, emotional and mental health concerns such as aggression, impulsivity, social skills, anxiety, sadness, depression, fear, and suicidal thoughts. CCMHC is committed to ensuring that all programs produce effective and positive outcomes for clients through evaluation, research and the incorporation of evidence-based services and practices.
CCMHC is committed to inclusive and equitable services that provide culturally strengthening interventions to promote positive mental health and wellbeing, through direct service delivery and/or referrals to partner organizations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide individual and group child and family therapy services in-person and virtually.
- Provide single-session therapy.
- Administer testing, clinical reports and assessments.
- Provide clinical services at the child & family walk-in clinic.
- Conduct interventions with individuals, families or groups as required. Interventions may include individual therapy, family therapy and trauma informed approaches.
- Provide clinical input and consultation to the treatment team.
- Establishes and maintains constructive, professional relationships with community partners and employees of other organizations, respecting their roles and professional boundaries.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience working directly with children, parents, and their family.
- Ability to provide crisis planning and response.
- Ability to maintain successful partnerships with other service providers.
- Ability to adapt to changing workload and uncertainties.
- Ability for positive proactive problem-solving.
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counselling, or a Health-Related Discipline with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience is preferred.
- Must be registered and in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) as a Social Worker, or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO).
- Must be eligible and able to perform Psychotherapy as defined under the act.
- Awareness, knowledge, and ability to deliver culturally safe services.
- Excellent clinical assessment, formulation and treatment planning skills is essential.
- $63,580 – $74,165 per year
- Benefits for temporary contract employees include a very generous leave plan and organizational trainings.
- Working flexible office hours (37.5 hrs/week).
- Working some evening hours, 2 evenings a week is a requirement.
- Must be comfortable working in both in-person and virtual environments.
Crossroads Children’s Mental Health Centre (CCMHC) values diversity in our workforce. We invite applications from all qualified persons, including persons with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ2S+ and BIPOC communities. Please let Sandie Cybulski, firstname.lastname@example.org know if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process. Any information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
All applicants are advised that offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a police records check for the vulnerable sector.
Thank you in advance for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.