Crossroads Children’s Mental Health Centre (CCMHC) renewed its Strategic Plan for the three-year period of 2023 to 2026. The planning process included engaging our community partners, parents/caregivers, and employees of CCMHC. We also explored relevant demographic data, trends in our community and environmental data in order to develop a strategic plan and operational goals to support the growth and development of CCMHC for the next 3 years. The plan that was developed for 2017 to 2022 remained relevant in the context of this new Strategic Plan and served as a foundation for the update.
Crossroad’s vision is of a community where every child under the age of 12 receives treatment for even the most severe mental health challenges. No case is too complicated, complex or severe. We never give up on a child.
Crossroads Children’s Mental Health Centre works exclusively with children up to the age of 12 and their families. We are committed to developing and delivering a wide range of mental health services to help children and families struggling with severe emotional, behavioural and social challenges.
- Child Centered & Family Focused. Services are respectful, individualized and based on the needs of the child and family. The child (to the extent possible) and family are included as full participants in the development of the service plan.
- Community-Based. Services are provided within or close to the child’s home community.
- Culturally Competent: Committed to inclusive and equitable services that provide culturally strengthening and safe interventions to promote positive mental health and wellbeing, through direct service delivery and/or referrals to partner organizations.
- Committed to Evidence-Based and Promising Practices. As defined by research and determined by the Evidence Based Practices Committee.
- Professionally Competent. The professional competence of our staff is supported through ongoing support, training, monitoring and supervision.
- Collaborative and Partnership Focused. As a community-based organization involved with a number of partners in the Ottawa region, CCMHC is committed to fostering collaborative approaches and partnerships to meet the needs of children and families our region.
2023 to 2026 Strategic Plan: Help for Children. Hope for Families.
Goal One: Increase awareness about CCMHC being a children’s mental health centre with expertise in treatment for children birth to 12 years of age.
- Infant and Early Mental Health services
- Capacity to meet the needs of equity deserving groups
- Intensive Services
- Leadership role in the community
Goal Two: Attract, retain, and engage employees working at CCMHC.
- Diversity and inclusivity in the workplace
- Evidence based practices
- Learning culture and quality improvement
Goal Three: Enhance financial sustainability of CCMHC’s services.
- Fundraising activities
- Diversified funding
Goal Four: Explore expansion of new services and/or funding to serve CCMHC population.
- Volunteer opportunities
- Social enterprise
- Expertise in preventative and speciality services