- Situate and brand CCMHC as a community leader in the area of (treatment for) infant & early childhood mental health (birth to age 6).
- Increase awareness of CCMHC services and expertise in the area of mental health services for children aged birth to 12.
- Attract, retain and engage employees working at CCMHC.
- Enhance the financial sustainability of CCMHC’s current services.
- Explore expansion of new services and funding to serve the CCMHC population.
Crossroads Children’s Mental Health Centre (CCMHC) was established in 1995 to meet the need for intensive and specialized services for children under the age of 12 with mental health issues. Crossroads helps families experiencing the highest level of crisis and severity, delivering long-term family and community benefits by providing families and children with the tools required to effectively address these mental health and behavioural issues.
This Strategic Plan was developed by the Board of Directors, staff, and the Leadership Team.
Crossroads Children’s Mental Health Centre works exclusively with children up to the age of 12 and their families. We are committed to developing and delivering a wide range of mental health services to help children and families struggling with severe emotional, behavioural and social challenges.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Child Centered & Family Focused: Services are respectful, individualized and based on the needs of the child and family. The child (to the extent possible) and family are included as full participants in the development of the service plan.
- Community-Based: Services are provided within or close to the child’s home community.
- Culturally Competent: Responsive to the cultural, racial, and ethnic differences of the population we serve.
- Committed to Evidence-Based Practices and Promising Practices: As defined by research and determined by the Evidence Based Practices Committee.
- Professionally Competent: The professional competence of our staff is supported through ongoing support, training, monitoring and supervision.
- Collaborative and Partnership Focused: As a community-based organization involved with a number of partners in the Ottawa region, CCMHC is committed to fostering collaborative approaches and partnerships to meet the needs of children and families our region.