Interested in joining the Crossroads team?
If you enjoy rewarding work and varied responsibilities with a progressive employer, this is the place for you!
Crossroads employs a team of professionals who deliver treatment and services to children up to the age of 12 and their families. We specialize in behavioral problems and mental health concerns such as aggression, impulsivity, poor social skills, anxiety, sadness, depression, fear, and suicidal thoughts. We are accredited with the Canadian Centre for Accreditation.
Here are the qualifications we require:
Child and Youth Workers:
- Completion of the requirements of a Child and Youth Worker Diploma or Bachelor of Social Work or Counselling, Psychology or equivalent degree. (Essential)
- A minimum of three years relevant children’s mental health experience (Preferred).
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of treatment, the developmental and care needs of children, and family dynamics.
- A broad knowledge of management strategies to support children with social, emotional and behavioural issues.
- Training in the Collaborative Problem Solving (CPS) Approach is considered an asset.
- Most of our CYW’s work with families in their homes. Regular evening work is a requirement. A valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and adequate insurance is required. Apply to Sandie Cybulski at email@example.com.
Child and Family Therapists:
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work or a Health-Related Discipline with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience is preferred.
- Must be registered and in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) as a Social Worker, or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO).
- Must be eligible and able to perform Psychotherapy as defined under the act.
- Excellent clinical assessment, formulation and treatment planning skills is essential.
- Training or experience in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Single Session Therapy, Collaborative Problem Solving and/or other Evidence Based Approaches will be considered an asset. Apply to Sandie Cybulski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for CYW’s for our casual list. If you have daytime availability and enjoy working in a school classroom setting, let us know. Hourly rate: $26.22. Apply to Sandie Cybulski at email@example.com.
In keeping with our efforts to represent the diversity of our community, we strongly encourage qualified individuals from diverse groups to apply.
Thank you in advance for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Crossroads Children’s Mental Health Centre (CCMHC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value inclusivity & diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC), CCMHC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. During any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Sandie Cybulski, firstname.lastname@example.org of the nature of any accommodation(s) you may require. Any information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
All applicants are advised that offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a police records check for the vulnerable sector.