Crossroads Children’s Mental Health Centre works exclusively with children up to the age of 12 and their families. We are committed to developing and delivering a wide range of mental health services to help children and families struggling with severe emotional, behavioural and social challenges.
Crossroad’s vision is of a community where every child under the age of 12 receives treatment for even the most severe mental health challenges. No case is too complicated, complex or severe. We never give up on a child.
Our Guiding Philosophy
- Children have access to an array of services
- Services are individualized
- Services are received within the least restrictive environment
- Families are included as full participants
- Services are integrated, collaborative and coordinated
- Assistance is provided to ensure service coordination and system navigation
- Crossroads promotes early identification and intervention
- Children are supported to achieve a smooth transition between services
- Children receive services regardless of race, religion, national origin, sex, physical disability, or other identities
- We recognize the value of teaching, research, and evaluation in improving the outcomes for children and families and are committed to evidence-based practices