Crossroads Children’s Mental Health Centre works exclusively with children up to the age of 12 and their families. We are committed to developing and delivering a wide range of mental health services to help children and families struggling with severe emotional, behavioural and social challenges.
Crossroad’s vision is of a community where every child under the age of 12 receives treatment for even the most severe mental health challenges. No case is too complicated, complex or severe. We never give up on a child.
Our Guiding Philosophy
- Children have access to an array of services
- Services are individualized
- Services are received within the least restrictive environment
- Families are included as full participants
- Services are integrated, collaborative and coordinated
- Assistance is provided to ensure service coordination and system navigation
- Crossroads promotes early identification and intervention
- Children are supported to achieve a smooth transition between services
- Children receive services without discrimination based on race, religion, gender, or other protected grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code
- We recognize the value of teaching, research, and evaluation in improving the outcomes for children and families and are committed to evidence-based practices
Our Core Values
- Child Centered & Family Focused. Services are respectful, individualized and based on the needs of the child and family. The child (to the extent possible) and family are included as full participants in the development of the service plan.
- Community-Based. Services are provided within or close to the child’s home community.
- Culturally Competent: Committed to inclusive and equitable services that provide culturally strengthening interventions to promote positive mental health and wellbeing, through direct service delivery and/or referrals to partner organizations.
- Committed to Evidence-Based and Promising Practices. As defined by research and determined by the Evidence Based Practices Committee.
- Professionally Competent. The professional competence of our staff is supported through ongoing support, training, monitoring and supervision.